Ugh oh, Monroe, Louisiana’s dining is back again! This time with West Monroe added to it! You didn’t think I was stopping at just the first 10 did you? Good! Get ready for these tasty places to visit! If you have visited one of these restaurants, share this article to someone who hasn’t. Share the love and the food, that’s my motto! :)
PS. Some of these pictures I had to find on their Facebook pages, because I’m such a hungry, hungry, hippo and don’t think to take a picture before I devour it.
Like their Facebook pages while you’re stalking them & enjoy!
Let’s get it started!
- You cannot start the list without the oldest restaurant in Monroe, Louisiana can you? Not a chance! The Mohawk Restaurant has been operating since 1952. Every time I go in, I order the shrimp platter. They also have the best oyster’s in town! It is where the locals eat. #EatMohawk
- Warehouse No. 1 Restaurant is located on the magnificent Ouachita River. It offers fine dining fare with a Louisiana twist. It is great for celebrations, proms, or just a great date night. The piano player at the front of the restaurant will bring a smile to your table with every bite. Be sure to get the Surf & Turf (you’ll have to share:) #EatWarehouse
- Oh, Big Momma!! This is the BEST PLACE for good home cook take out food! They have meal specials each day, along with some great service! They always pile the plates high & make the food hotter than hot! Did I mention, they have the best hot-water corn bread in town! Don’t forget to get the cool-aid on your way out! #EatBigMommas
- Ever in the mood for some tamales and a good steak? Get to Doe’s Eat Place in the Washington Plaza! Great atmosphere, awesome drinks & an one of a kind wait staff! #EatDEP
- Dylan’s is a little hole -n-the-wall burger joint off of North 7th in West Monroe. It is a total gem! They have the best burgers & milk-shakes for a good summer trip to the lake or just for dining in! #EatDylansRestaurant
- Mane Street Fish House has an all you can stuff on your plate buffet. They offer catfish filets ,whole catfish, frog legs, gumbo, chicken tenders, hush puppies, & of course fries, salad bar, cobbler, ice cream, ice tea and soft drinks. That is a ton of food & beverages, you might want to go help them clean it up a little bit with a plate or two! #EatMSFH
- Moon Lake Marina is the epitome of a hole-in-the-wall, but the definition of a great time! They have Steak Night every Tuesday night, & Fish Night every Thursday night! Get your boats, jet-skis, pirogue, car, whatever.. & check out the good food and the fun times! #EatMLM
- Trapp’s is a cajun fare restaurant located on the beautiful Ouachita River. You get to enjoy the beautiful scenery, the best cajun cooking, lunch specials, and weekly live music. #EatTrapps
- This is a newer addition to the great food stops in the Monroe/West Monroe area. Roma’s Italian Bistro is an authentic Italian spot offering amazing pizza’s & pasta’s. It is located in the heart of Trenton Street, West Monroe giving this cute little bistro character. I always get the pizza. Even the smallest of pizza’s are huge! #EatRomas
- Genusa’s is an Italian family owned & operated restaurant on Park Ave. in Monroe. They offer an exceptional wine list along with the best Italian food in the twin cities. They put their heart & soul into the presentation of the great food they prepare & serve! Want to try something new? Order the Muscles ‘G’ Style! #EatGenusas
I told you the places to go, now you just have to go. There are so many more restaurants in Monroe to enjoy, but for now check out these gems.