In Puerto Rico, as Christmas time quickly approaches, locals will usually greet traveler’s with coquito, a frothy coconut drink spiked with rum, and it is delicious. Here is my friend’s recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Photo Credit: Spark People
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- One 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Beat together the evaporated milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Strain into a 3-quart pot and simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Transfer the egg yolk mixture to a blender, and blend in batches. Add the remaining ingredients, blending at high speed until frothy. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled before serving.